The Shroud of the Avatar Convention (SotA Con) is a Shroud of the Avatar themed gathering for players and developers to come together, grow together, and share ideas. There can be many SotA Cons around the world; the first is SotA Con East in Baltimore, Maryland on November 4-6, 2016.
Key points about SotA Con:
- is planned and executed by the players (Currently Violation, Winfield, and Eternal Knightmen).
- is completely funded by players, not the developers. Developers’ travel, lodging, and expenses are paid for from SotA Con donations and tickets.
- caters for donations from attendees and non-attendees to make the convention as affordable and excellent as possible.
- has its excess funds donated directly to Portalarium for SotA development.
- can be hosted in many cities around the world.
- is a time for players and developers to relax, get to know each other, and have fun.
- currently may be attended by 20 to 300 people depending on the location and venue.
- has vendors and exhibitors with SotA themed items and information.